We knew that there was an exciting, but at the same time – completely new – challenge: creating a brewery brand basically from scratch. We decided to take the first step by conducting an in-depth analysis of:
- the competition – by learning more about other Polish craft beer breweries and their ways of presenting and positioning their brands,
- the specificity of our client’s business – to understand their business model and the product, to grasp the ideas, visions, history and values of the enterprise
- the culture of Jastrzębie Zdrój – to notice a tight connection with the brand being created.
2. Crafting a brand identity
Thanks to the information gathered, we were able to design a brand identity compiling the name (Browar Jastrzębie / Jastrzębie Brewery), the values, and the distinguishing features of the brand, as well as its mission and customers’ profile.
It was an absolute basis for all further branding actions and the marketing strategy itself – and a guarantee for integrity and uniqueness of the brand.
3. Logo design & visual identity
In the next step, we focused on designing a visual identity:
- we created an inspirational mood board and a colour palette based on both the location of the brewery and on the character of the product,
- we assumed that the identification has to be original and simple, in reference to the craftsmanship of the creators,
- we designed first concept sketches that were well-perceived by the client
Po uzyskaniu akceptu przystąpiliśmy do dopracowania logo i zaprezentowania na makietach produktów, a następnie tworzenia zestawu key visuali i projektu fizycznych nośników.
Designing the bottle labels was a crucial phase of the process. The labels had to contain lots of information, important from the beer connoisseurs’ (aka target customers’) point of view.
- We created a whole iconography for the label, including such elements as: serving temperature, percentage of extract, bitterness level in the IBU scale, alcohol content, etc.
- It was important to make the label resonate with the brand identity by convincing and making the customer feel that the product is made by connoisseurs for connoisseurs.
After getting approval, we continued with refining a logo design and presenting it on product mockups. The next step was creating a set of key visuals and designing the physical product.